A Colorful Swan - Marella Agnelli, Part I

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Have you ever read 1st Dibs' Introspective Magazine? It is an online publication that has some great articles and I especially appreciate their book reviews. I was browsing the archives and came across a review for a Rizzoli book on Marella Agnelli. She is described as one of Truman Capote's society swans, born to a whiskey heiress and an Italian Noble. She eventually married Gianni Agnelli of the Fiat empire. (Bart Boehlert did an excellent post on her here)


As you can imagine, their interiors are as grand as their stories. This room from "Il Convento" in Corsica, a 16th-century former convent, really caught my eye with this vibrant green sitting room. Gorgeous!


The other room featured was this solarium from Villa Frescot. Just look at that beautiful light. In reading about Marella's lavish interiors, I found some more treasures which I'll share as soon as I've uploaded them in a day or so!


A few more of her personal spaces which feel very contemporary with their bold accents, shapes and colors. These were featured in the FT.





For more on the book, check out 1st Dibs.





ArchitectDesign™ said...

yes -1stdibs has great articles!
This book is on my wishlist but so many books -so little time (and shelf space). I've seen it in person though -definitely worth it!