unpainted inspiration

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

With the move I haven't looked at white rooms in a long time, other than the ones we've begun to occupy. I love this hall by Allison Hennessy from Traditional Home. While the interior architecture is lovely, what makes it for me are the furnishings and accessories.


Parnassus said...

I can't make up my mind about that stacked frame look. One that one hand, it is dramatic and reminiscent of 19th-century galleries, and would let you display lots pf pictures at once. However, it does seem to slight the pictures themselves, which is the real reason for hanging them. Who is really going to look at picture over a doorway, or bend over near the floor?
--Road to Parnassus

Allison Hennessy said...

Hi Ann! Thank you for the lovely feature - it was such a fun project and amazing client. You're right, the architect, Bill Harrison, did a fabulous job. Looking forward to continuing to follow your blog!

Woodside Park said...

I love the pair of Swedish painted demi-lune consoles. They look great in that hall / foyer.
Cheers,
Loi