meandering mirror

Monday, October 22, 2012

On the topic of mirrors, a recent post on Chinese Meander on Road to Parnassus has me seeing it everywhere. And not Greek key per se, we are in the Orient after all. It doesn't help that every time I'm at a furniture shop locally I see tables patterned with it. Recently I pinned this from Traditional Home. I think someone really crafty could DIY an antiqued mirror like this. Not me, I'm not so handy, but I do love it.

Parnassus said...

Hello Ann, I'm glad that your enjoyed that post; thank you for mentioning it. Meander patterns have also been popping up all over for me since writing about them.

That mirror is very elegant; the pattern appears to be gold leaf, but I think it would be interesting to use etching fluid to created a different, frosted kind of effect.
--Road to Parnassus