irrational wants

Friday, August 3, 2012

Can anyone tell me if everyone becomes as truly irrational as me while they're expecting? I spent a week deliberating on buying these youth chairs that are only twenty inches tall. Mind you I have zero necessities and I wouldn't classify these as required. I finally decided to say goodbye to them, only because I can barely order a glass of water here in Japan (I'm working on it...) let alone find a re-finisher should there be lead. Trying to be rational and responsible but it is not fun. I had to let these darling chairs go.


Our things arrived this week just when my husband is working quite a bit. This means I have two options: a. unpack everything myself or b. live in a fort of boxes for two months. Hope you are all well and I hope to be back to enjoying design as soon as I can see the things I own, not just cardboard.
Parnassus said...

Hi Ann, While I agree that baby things should be sturdy and safe, I don't think it at all irrational to admire these chairs. When my sister was born, my mother bought a child-sized rocking chair, and it is still cute and useful to this day.
--Road to Parnassus