nautilus

Friday, May 4, 2012

A few years ago I bought a pearl nautilus and had no idea what to do with it. I recently decided to adhere it to a base. I was inspired by these nautilus shells, originally oldies from WS Home.




And some of these






I brought home a small glass candlestick holder, turned it upside down and hot glued it. Very simple but it worked! Also, it would have been so pretty on a silver base but I loved the angular glass.

nautilus, http://thesewallsofwhite.blogspot.com/


Lastly, how amazing is this? Nautilus Shell Centerpiece Lamp, Tiffany Studios, c. 1910. Richard H. Driehaus Museum.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

oh wow -that tiffany is amazing! I love your holder for it -more interesting than the plain lucite. And you have a book i've been lusting for; The historic houses of paris!

for the love of a house said...

omg... that Tiffany lamp is stunning! Love shells, and love them on the stands you showed. I've also seen them attached to antique brass candlesticks (shorter ones) and they look wonderful!
happy weekend!
joan

By Nela said...

He descubierto su blog y me ha encantado su contenido, desde hoy soy seguidora de el.
Si lo deseas te invito a visitar mi blog y si es de su agrado me gustaría tenerte como seguidora para permanecer en contacto.
Un saludo muy cordial.

Manoli