high-low

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I've been thinking of ways to rig up a light fixture over my dining table lately. My current place has a chandelier installed but I'm not keen on it. In the future this will not be the case so I thought something temporary or plug-in would work. At any rate, while browsing I spotted this high-low.

The first the Gothic Lantern by Pottery Barn for around $300

And the Overstock Antique Copper Chandelier for around $150


I was actually thinking of this as something simple. Thoughts? And FYI this is a tutorial I found on how to convert a hardwired fixture to a plug-in. And another.
ArchitectDesign™ said...

as it's temporary -go for the $150 fixture - definitely change it out!

Ann said...

I really just started toying with the idea. I have no clue what I want. My first inclination was to go all out but I thought maybe something heavy and priceless is not good for a temporary, less-secure, fix. :)

the poor sophisticate said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I love lanterns and are looking for some for our hall.