farming is fashionable

Thursday, April 5, 2012

For those of you with a little more space (and a little more permanence) that aspire to be DIY locavores, check out Williams-Sonoma's new Agrarian line for the gardeners, jam makers, beekeepers and even the hen raisers.

Image from the WS via the NY Times

There are also some crafty DIY kits that would make great gifts, like this Shiitake Mushroom Log for only thirty dollars. You can even monogram a garden trowel if that's your thing. I'm really pleased with the price points; honestly they're not as ridiculous as I expected. I've paid comparable at garden centers.


Personally, the items bring back the garden aesthetic of old Smith and Hawken. Now if only Target would carry the old S&H gardening stuff, I mean like the 90's... At any rate, I'll take this in the mean time - I'm a fan of this Agrarian line.