aspen, part two of two

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My favorite architecture in Aspen is of the domestic variety. There are plenty of modern structures but the old houses that have been lovingly restored still dot the streets. Here are some favorites.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I believe this one is new to look old rather than remuddled and then restored. ref

Photobucket
Parnassus said...

I enjoyed parts I and II of your Apsen photos. One pleasant thing I noticed about most of the houses is the relative isolation against the beautiful mountain background--there is no sense of being hemmed in by close neighbors.
--Road to Parnassus

Woodside Park said...

Thank you, Ann, for the tour of Aspen. I've never been, and look forward to a visit one day. The setting looks incredible!! I love all the historic architecture you've shown: so full of character and charm. I hope your holiday was fun and relaxing. Cheers, Loi