colored cabinets

Monday, March 26, 2012

Ever since my mother in law's decorator painted her cabinets a soft moss green I've been obsessed with colored cabinets. They're so unique and cheery! And a perfect example is in Southern Living’s 2011 Idea house.



Loi Thai's blue kitchen, the perfect blue.



Sunny beauty via Canadian House and Home



Via House Beautiful, a lovely colonial blue



And more, the whole spectrum!

Source: chiccoles.com via Ann on Pinterest











A more mod look, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick’s Bridgehampton, New York, house via Elle Decor or a splash of green via Belle Maison 23.

Source: elledecor.com via Ann on Pinterest





For more detailed resources, click on the pin!
Ann said...

My inability to use a mobile device made me accidentally delete a comment! Sorry RtoP!

"The lighter colors are friendly and old-fashioned (especially with that traditional woodwork), and the bold colors have an invigorating impact.

What I dislike in a kitchen are dark colors or dark wood finishes, and oak cabinets, especially those with curving-top panels.
--Road to Parnassus "

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Funny, I'll be at Loi's house in a few weeks for a party. I'll snap some pictures of his kitchen for you. Did you know he has a blog now? It's on my blogroll list.

Ann said...

Lucky you! DC must be a small town :) thanks for thinking of me. I am so loving his pins too. Will have to check out the blog. Say hi to Loi for me!

Woodside Park said...

Hi Ann - So glad you like my blue kitchen. If you are ever in DC, please stop by to see it in person. We'll have coffee.

And Stefan: So wonderful to finally meet!! Thanks for all the tips. See you on the 12th!!
Loi

Ann said...

Thanks so much for the invite, Loi. Be careful, I may want move in after seeing it in person - just kidding!

You guys have a great time!