whitehall, the details

Monday, January 23, 2012

Forgive me, I lied. One more Whitehall post only because there are so many unique details I want to share with you.

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.79

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.72

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.146

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.95

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.17

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.42

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.43

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.124

Light fixtures throughout were astounding. Made by Caldwell Lighting Company, often the bulbs were "slip covered" with a net of Baccarat crystal.

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.128

Finally my favorite detail of the stairs however I wish this photo had turned out better... Oh well!

PB.Whitehall.WallsofWhite.127
ArchitectDesign™ said...

wow - everything is just so 'done' and over the top -don't you think? Even the little thermometer (or whatever that contraption is). Love those padded banisters!

Ann said...

Oh I know, and I love it, ha! It is a thermostat. A far cry from the white square on the wall these days :)

Parnassus said...

Hello Ann, I was getting a real sense of deja-vu from these Whitehall pictures, and then I realized that I have been there. It is really a great house, and while there is so much detail, it doesn't become overwhelming or suffocating, especially in the more private areas. By the way, Henry Flagler was from Cleveland, Ohio, or at least he made his fortune there.

I enjoyed your pictures; they are fine, and you have an eye for unusual details.
--Road to Parnassus

Ann said...

Hello Parnassus,
That is correct, Flagler was from Ohio but born in New York, the Finger Lakes region if I'm not mistaken. I've been meaning to do more posts on the architecture, some lost, of Victorian Ohio so hopefully soon! I do wish my camera was better to capture low light, well maybe I'll have to add a new camera to my Amazon wish list. :) Glad you enjoyed the little tour!

Hamptontoes said...

Love the attention to detail. I adore that mindset, even if over the top. I always think it is fun to look it and then scale back for our modern day living.